It fabulous being back in Bratislava and working for International House again. Although the first few weeks have been extremely busy, there are a lot of good things which have been happening:
- A really nice flat with a not so pale view of the hills.
- Vyprazany syr.
- Students talking about LARP, Sardinia and being in the military before the fall of the Iron Curtain.
- Having our cats here and earplugs to use at night so as not to hear them.
- Operas and concerts for less than 10€.
- Sunsets behind Austrian hills and the Danube.
- Meeting friends from five years ago.
- A really supportive and helpful team of admin staff and academic management at the school.
- The discovery of several vegetarian and vegan restaurants in a country of carnivores.
- http://www.lucysveganfood.sk/ providing me with food after they had already closed, and it was yummy!
- Being close to Vienna so I can visit the Perry Rhodan – Stammtisch again.
- A colleague who is actually Vulcan … or maybe Romulan …
NB: Mark has posted some pics with first impressions here.